On behalf of a mum


 
By Charity Kuria 

I see him leaving in the morning and taking with him the children to school. They wave goodbye and promises to be home early. My sons ask me to prepare their favorite dish for supper which I religiously bid.

After the household chores I set the kettle for boil and take it with me to my study where I do write-ups and update my blog(s) and later pay bills. By this time it's around 4pm and the children are bound to budge in any moment from now. 

Suddenly the otherwise tidy kitchen will be turned into a mess. Little energetic bodies will be chasing after pets and each other. The noise, laughter and tears will colour the evening. I'll somehow corner them to finish their homework with a few promises and threats here and there.
Then bodies will start dropping snoring into another world. This is my favourite part of the day. 

The wonder of this energy bundles of mine dropping limp with sleep. Carrying them upstairs to their room after fighting for the remote control from each other's hands, eating and making a big mess while at it. Jumping up and about the whole evening sometimes into midnight before sleep wins over.

After the last tuck in mommy is done for tonight and takes a shower, climbs in next to papa who is already snoring. As usual he folds her into his strong arms murmurs something and sleeps soundly up until the alarm calls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies at the gents

Matatu operators be the best now. Don't you agree?

Strange breed of men!