Cream always rises to the top

Photo credit:Veronica's Cornucopia
By Charity Kuria 
 
Cream always rises to the top, Africa and specifically Kenya has really been delivered from primitive thinking that only people from ‘noble’ occupations could make ‘good’ politicians e.g. lawyers, businesspersons, teachers etc. 

The story is very different today thanks to digitization of the mind we now have DJs for president, policemen who sing, pilots who are poets, cyclists who are doctors, bankers who write and so forth. Artists of today would say tumetoka far!

We now have variety of occupations and I believe that someday Kenya will have a blogger for a president! Hahaha don’t throw stones yet, I am not done…!

It's nice to know that anyone can make a living out of ‘nothing’. You just need to think outside the box and they say where there is a will there is a way. I hear stories of how back in the day, teachers were the most respected members of the society. I mean, they were literally fountains of wisdom. 

One teacher could have taught the entire village and perhaps two generations bearing in mind that these guys don’t die young (sic). You would often hear of a certain teacher who taught a parent and their children and they would keep a constant reminder of that particular fact to the child (I don’t want to use the word victimization) until they cleared school. 

‘Wewe ni mjinga kama tu mama yako!’ Was a common phrase tossed right, left and centre. 

Where I am going with this? I want to say that your dreams are valid (I feel like Lupita now). There! I have said it. If you want something go for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies at the gents

Matatu operators be the best now. Don't you agree?

Strange breed of men!