SEVERED.


By Charity Kuria

She would call me. Beckon at me to come in secret. She would do me favours. I thought how generous! How lucky l was - just how lucky!


Amongst them all. She chose me. Picked me. To poke, torment, hate-love and severe.

Murio ni wiriagira- the special treats l got above everyone else. The telling-side glances l brushed off. They told so much. Yet was too blind to see. Lightly l took matters that l didnt discuss, this, with those who mattered - those who matter.

Money here, a bite there. I really felt the attention only to be severed later - majuto ni mjukuu huja baadaye.

The seed grew. Under her nose. The outcome manifested. The wasted resources. The wasted school time. The pain. Oh! My the pain!!!

Forgive and forget? Of course l will forgive but forget? That l wont - can't promise! For I forbade me to forget...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matatu operators be the best now. Don't you agree?

Ladies at the gents

THIS DIGITAL GENERATION