Strange breed of men!


Photo:Internet


By Wakini Kuria
 The other evening l'm stepping out of Kamindi Stores, my niece doesn’t fancy my going home without goodies. My! That kid is growing faster than fast. Already, she is showing possible threats of beating me in height very soon and she is barely ten. OMG!

So I walk out obediently carrying my ticket to her good books and being watchful of cars buzzing away and driving into the parking lot outside the stores. 


This middle-aged guy files himself in front of me, walking between the small space left between the parked vehicles and the moving vehicles on the road. I’m literally behind him and suddenly from his right foot beneath his trousers rolls out a 20 bob coin that lands on my feet. 


I stop to let him pick it and realising that it came from his torn pockets. I tell him’ Mend that hole’
To which he laughs and retorts
‘That’s my wife’s duty!’


With finality…well, such are men… then he continues " She is the one who washes them so she will see to it!"
So we walk along together discussing stuff like long lost buddies. "You see like when l'm wearing torn socks, l forget the moment l slip out of them and leave them by the door. Nitakumbuka tena nikivaa zikuwa fresh." He mused.


I just smile and take pity on the woman this man is going home to.
He later touches on sensitive matters of the present day man who fears responsibilities.


"Ati when taking you out on a date invites you to his mother’s house! A mother who raised him up a 'baba'" he spat out the words visibly disgusted and looks it.


In my mind I imagine him spit on the bushes outside the gas station as we walk past. I smile inwardly.
"Imagine getting pregnant for such a man. Young girl, you would be finished like kwisha bei" He warns.


"Wajua men brought up without their fathers have little issues. Kaumama fulani hapo" his hand, fingers stretched emphasizes his point.
Well, at this l cant help but laugh out loud for in my mind flashes several l know.
"You laugh but nasema ukweli


"Yeah"


I can't help but agree with him that there is a new breed of men in the market. They come in excess. All sizes, backgrounds and complexions. Men who ask for money favours from women! This is stooping so low.
In my eyes as a man, you are not supposed to be broke!!!! I'm sure the men in question just rolled their eyes. Lol.


Don't ask for allowances from mummy either yet you spend your days on the couch alternating the remote and phone changing channels with numerous trips to the kitchen for stomach refills. Shame on you!
When not in the house you are off to someone else's place of the same calibre or just comfortably wasting away somewhere. Men who rear nails and don't want to get their hands dirty. Duh!


Other than being talkative l like this stranger for his mastery skills on languages. He has no accent. He had comfortably used sheng', English, Swahili and vernacular almost breathlessly. Something else he touched on subjects l agree with him especially on men with kaumama. Lol!


On reaching the junction to where I branch off to stage, he extends his hand for a handshake 


"I’m Waweru pleased to meet you!"


He says as we part ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matatu operators be the best now. Don't you agree?

Ladies at the gents